She was born in Garden Grove, California to parents named Debra and Mark McCurdy, and has 3 older brothers, (Marcus, Dustin, and Scott). She gained interest in acting after watching Harrison Ford in the original Star Wars Trilogy, (as Han Solo), and gained inspiration from those movies after her mother recovered from breast cancer. She started her acting career at age 8 in 2000.
After 15 years of the disease in remission her mother's cancer returned. Jennette wrote a moving account in The Wall Street Journal of what it has been like, and how inspired she is by her mom's determination to beat it again.She unfortunately had to cancel some of her live performances recently,even as her latest and most successful single, Generation Love, was climbing the charts.
Jennette's first appearance on television was in 2000 on MADtv at the age of eight. Since then she has starred or guest starred in several television series, including CSI, Crime Scene Investigation, Malcolm in the Middle, Lincoln Heights, Will & Grace, Zoey 101 and True Jackson V.P. In 2003, she had the chance to act with her inspiration, Harrison Ford, in the movie Hollywood Homicide. In 2005 she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Television Series - Guest Starring Young Actress for her performance in Strong Medicine. She has also appeared in several commercials such as one for Sprint and another commercial for crossing the road safely. Since 2007 she has had a starring role in the Nickelodeon TV series iCarly as Carly Shay's best friend Sam Puckett. In 2008, she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her work on iCarly, and for her performance as Dory Sorenson in the TV movie The Last Day of Summer.She also starred in the Nickelodeon show "Brain Surge" various times. Her biggest success on the show was when she came in fifth.
On April 7, 2011, she became the spokesperson for the Rebecca Bonbon fashion line (imported from Japan) of clothing and accessories. She will have in-store signings at Sears and K-Mart throughout the U.S. and Canada as part of the brand's marketing campaign. The brand appears in July 2011 at those stores. She has now turned to country music, co-writing songs, producing a debut album (The Story of My Life), and hit single "Generation Love" on the Capitol Records (Nashville) label.
- Jennette has two middle names, "Michelle" and "Faye," but only uses "Michelle."
- Nicknames for her are: Net Net, Nettie, Nette
- She has not kissed anyone outside of TV (Jennette's Kiss & Tell as of 2009)
- She is extremely allergic to bees and shellfish.
- Jennette only feels comfortable singing when she is by herself, or to twenty other people. She feels she is unable to sing with only two or three people in the room with her. (Jennette won't sing On Rock Band) Rock Band Banter
- Jennette prefers Harry Potter to Twilight. Her favorite characters are Ron Weasley and the Weasley twins.
- Her favorite Harry Potter book was "The Half-Blood Prince," but it was her least favorite of movies.
- Her worst fear is the ocean and sharks.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is Cookies 'N Cream.
- Dan Schneider said she is the complete opposite of Sam and much like Melanie, being "sweet, girly,classy, funny, and even shy at times."
- She treats Nathan Kress like a brother (2010 KCAs interview).
- She is of Swedish, Irish, French, Italian and Dutch descent.
- She loves Ugly Dolls and she received one Big giant Ugly Doll for her 18th birthday.
- Jennette McCurdy's Photoshoot!!
- Though there have been rumors of her dating Nathan Kress , they have both confirmed numerous times that they are not dating. They are just "The Best Of Friends."
- She is the oldest of the three teen iCarly actors.
- Jennette was in the hospital for a high fever during the shooting week for the season 3 episode of iCarly, iWon't Cancel The Show, so she does not appear.
- As of early 2010, Jennette's mother's breast cancer returned.
- She says that if she has a notebook and pen, she could sit down for hours, writing stories and drawing pictures.
- She now lives in an apartment in Los Angeles.
- Her favorite month is December.
- Her favorite books as a child were "Stan the Hot Dog Man," "Dr. Seuss," "Honeybunnyfunnybunny," "Bernstein Bears," and "Little Golden Books."
- Her favorite chips are Baked Southwest Lays.
- Her philosophy in life is: "Excuses. Don't make 'em. Don't take 'em."
- Her favorite superhero is Batman.
- She played a minor role on an episode of 'Malcom in the Middle' as Daisy, a female version of Dewey.
- Her favorite flavor of M&M candy is blue.
- Her real speaking voice is between Sam's and Melanie's.
- Dan mentioned in his iReunite with Missy Fun Facts that Jennette is (maybe) 95 pounds.
- She has mentioned in an interview, that she is interested in a guy.
- Jennette thinks Seddie is funny (Jennette McCurdy answers questions Sept. 8th 2008)
- Her hidden talent is figure skating.
- Her mom, Debra, filmed iCarly winning for 'Favorite TV Show' on the 2011 Kids' Choice Awards (Apr. 2, 2011) winning moments, and also starting at 0:13 the subsequent announcement in her winning personally for 'Favorite (Funniest) TV Sidekick', and Jennette posted it on YouTube. Jennette gave a 15-sec. speech, heard between 1:05 and 1:20.
- NICK Press release on the show, her win, and other winners on the 2011 KCA show.
- One of her Penny Tees auctioned (on-line) is from her wearing it on iWas a Pageant Girl. The auction ends May 31, at 8pm EDT
- She and Victorious star Victoria Justice appeared on an interview May 10, on KTLA-5 (Los Angeles) promoting the May 14, Stars for the Kids fundraiser for St. Jude's Chidren's Research Hospital (cancer research).
- She, along with the other cast members of both iCarly and Victorious, celebrated Miranda's 18th birthday in Memphis.
- She, and the other casts of iCarly and Victorious visited Graceland with Jennette, Miranda, and Ariana threw out first pitches to the Memphis Redbirds, the AAA-level team for the major league St. Louis Cardinals.
- A Question-and-Answer session on May 17, 2011, from JustJennette.com.
- She had to cancel her upcoming appearance at the MayFest Memorial Day Weekend that was going to take place on May 28th, in Myrtle Beach, SC due to a personal emergency.
- Her mom is home in bed (May 23, 2011), very sick.
- She dined at Katsuya (in Hollywood, CA) with a friend on May 23, 2011.
- She seems interested in Andrew Garfield (now 27), after his break-up with a gf.
- She once believed Memorial Day was Oreo Day.
- She glowed in gold (10 pics) at the iParty with Victorious premiere screening held at The Lot, in Los Angeles, June 4, 2011.
- She was interviewed by the Orange County [O.C.] Register, about the iParty with Victorious episode on getting together with their cast. Jennette said, "...everyone from 'Victorious' has such a huge personality – I think everyone from the 'iCarly' cast is much more subdued." Noah Munck ("Gibby") is also an O.C. native.
- She revealed that she is struggling with the revival of her mom's cancer.
- A group of fans formed a "19th Birthday Project," making a special birthday page for her from all her fans. Deadline date for submissions: Sun. June 19, 2011.
- She canceled her scheduled July 4th (2011) performance at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California so she could spend more time with her mom.
- A fan tweeted her mom [Debra]'s birthday is July 17.
- According to this tweet from Dan Schneider posted on July 8th, 2011 Jennette can now legally drive.
- During the Behind the Scenes promo for iLost My Mind, she confirmed that she will be kissing Nathan a lot for iCarly episodes.
- She is now a spokesperson for H-E-B Back to School supplies.
- Jennette's Top 5 favorite episodes of iCarly are iPie, iTwins, iThink They Kissed, iWas a Pageant Girl, and iGo to Japan.
- iPie: "There wasn't an A, B, and C story going on in this episode. One story the entire time, which meant the whole cast was in lots of scenes together. The script was great and each cast member had moments to shine."
- iTwins: "Playing two characters in one episode was extremely fun but also challenging. It was a thrill. To this day, kids ask where my twin is - if they believed it, then I did my job!"
- iThink They Kissed: "The dentist-chair scene was one of my favorites in the show's entire run. That scene is the primary reason this is one of my favorites. Also, good character development in the episode."
- iWas a Pageant Girl: "The tap dance routine was great fun to learn and perform, plus we learned some interesting things about Sam's past. I love those revealing episodes because they lend more insight and depth to a character."
- iGo to Japan: "Was such a fun episode. There were lots of stunts, funny bits, and special character moments. Plus, the outside scenes were really rainy and cold, so between takes we had chicken noodle soup and bundled up in blankets - a true bonding experience!"